Each year, Trees SC recognizes individuals, organizations and municipalities for their contribution to the urban forests in South Carolina. Trees SC has two annual awards: the Golden Acorn Awards and the Heritage Tree Award. Nominations are accepted annually, and winners are announced at the Trees SC Annual Conference in October. Please contact us for further information.
Annually, Trees SC presents four Golden Acorn awards that recognize professionals and volunteers for their contribution to our state’s urban and community forests, as well as community organizations, local governments, universities and colleges, corporations, and state agencies that provide exemplary leadership and vision to a comprehensive urban forestry program.
The Heritage Tree Award, which is sponsored by Bartlett Tree Experts, identifies, celebrates and recognizes remarkable trees in South Carolina. Either nominated individually or as part of a group, these trees are recognized by their historical and/or cultural significance to the community.
Previous Heritage Tree Award Winners:
- 2004 Heritage Tree – Charleston’s Angel Oak
- 2006 Heritage Tree – Aiken’s Oak Allee’
- 2007 Heritage Tree – McClellanville’s Deerhead Oak
- 2008 Heritage Tree – Irmo’s White Oak
- 2009 Heritage Tree – Clemson Centennial Bur Oak
- 2010 Heritage Tree – Winthrop’s Southern Magnolia
- 2011 Heritage Tree – Trinity’s Live Oaks
- 2012 Heritage Tree – Redcliffe’s Magnolia Allee, Eastern Avenue
- 2013 Heritage Tree – Cherry Hill Plantation Live Oak